Hey everyone, hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, seafood and chicken paella. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Seafood and Chicken Paella is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods in the world. It is enjoyed by millions daily. It is simple, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. Seafood and Chicken Paella is something that I have loved my whole life. They are fine and they look wonderful.
This Chicken and Seafood Paella is a classic Spanish rice dish made with Arborio rice, packed with chicken, sausage, mussels, clams, shrimp and loaded with flavor. I have a romantic dish for you today. At least I think it's romantic because this isn't something you'd make every day.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have seafood and chicken paella using 21 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Seafood and Chicken Paella:
- Take butter
- Take olive oil
- Get chicken breasts cut into bite size pieces
- Prepare chorizo cut into thin slices
- Get saffron strands
- Make ready onion finely chopped
- Get garlic peeled and finely chopped
- Make ready green pepper diced
- Make ready red pepper diced
- Get paella rice
- Make ready thyme leaf
- Make ready chicken stock
- Get dry white wine
- Make ready tomatoes de-seeded and diced
- Get chilli flakes or 1 chilli finely chopped
- Take paprika
- Take peas
- Take king prawns
- Get prawns
- Take squid cut into bite sized pieces
- Take mussels
Heat the oil in a large paella pan or an extra-large frying pan. Brown the monkfish for a few mins each side, then remove and set aside. This version of seafood paella includes chicken and pork, as well as clams, mussels, and shrimp. It's a bit of mar y montaña—or surf and turf—as they say in Spain.
Instructions to make Seafood and Chicken Paella:
- Heat half the olive oil and butter in a large flat bottom pan over medium heat. Get another pan ready for your seafood for later, and a pan with a tight fitting lid for your mussels for later.
- Fry chicken breasts for a couple of minutes to seal the meat and then remove from pan and set aside.
- Fry chorizo until slightly crisp. Get your hot chicken stock ready and add saffron to the stock.
- Add onions and 5 cloves of garlic and fry until soft.
- Add thyme, chilli flakes and rice. Stir until rice is coated with oil. Turn down heat if rice starts to stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Add paprika and 3/4 cup of wine. The rest of the wine you will use for the mussels later.
- When wine starts to bubble add the part cooked chicken and about 1 and 1/2 pints of chicken stock. Add tomatoes, peppers and peas. Turn down heat and cook for about 10 minutes. Don't take your eye of the pan because this rice is like a sponge. If it sticks or feels to thick add a little more stock. If is to thin it will reduce down so don't panic.
- Now is the time to put the cat out. Heat rest of oil and garlic and butter in your other pan. Fry king prawns over a medium heat for about 1 minute each side. Add to paella. Try to keep some oil you have a little more to do.
- Put mussels into remaining pan with the rest of the wine and cook over a moderate to high heat for about 5 minutes. Keep lid on pan as the steam will cook the mussels. Give the pan a shake every minute or so. when mussels are open remove from heat but leave in pan. Discard any mussels that are not open.
- While the mussels are cooking fry prawns for about 1 minute. Add to paella.
- Now add squid to pan for no more than 1 minute and add to paella.
- Add mussels to paella. Mix them in or decoarate the pan with them (see photo).
- Lemon and parsley to garnish. Let the cat in and enjoy.
A traditional paella pan, a long wooden spoon or paddle, and a barbecue or gas burner are needed to prepare this seafood paella. Why not use chicken thighs or drumsticks instead of boneless cooked pieces that should be sauteed and then cooked with the rice and its liquid to add flavor, as would sauteing finely chopped onions and red pepper strips to add color and flavor. Paella is a Spanish rice dish originally from Valencia. Paella is one of the best-known dishes in Spanish cuisine. For this reason, many non-Spaniards view it as Spain's national dish.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food seafood and chicken paella recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m sure that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!